Jelibeans very often get very anxious and scared, others are easily distracted finding concentrating a bit of a problem too! There is a group of jelibeans that find pyscho-stimulants such as Ritalin works for them. It keeps them on track and aids with learning. Mostly though it is only AD/HD that generally are medicated. But what about those with a diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers Syndrome? Stress is a jeli thing and I am afraid no one is exempt! Sadly it is becoming more common to medicate with anti-depressants and mood altering drugs. However we have discovered something else that appears to work just as well if not better: it is natural and can be used on everyone if they need it!! It's name?
We strongly advise that you check with your doctor before medicating with anything. Jelibean can only comment on individual anecdotes and support it with the necessary evidence (please see beneath for links to clinical trials now complete).
Does your jelibean get anxious? Stressed? Hates change? Social situations ( Auntie Maisie’s 80th birthday, or prizegiving at school?), long journey? I could go on and on but I won’t bore you! If so then maybe you would care to look at Phosphatidyl Serine.
Did you know?
- Phosphatidyl Serine is a non-essential amino acid (you have it in your brain already,but you can't get it from food very easily)
- Phosphatidyl Serine does NOT require prescription
- Phosphatidyl Serine works in 30 minutes! YES HONESTLY!
- Phosphatidyl Serine boosts memory, attention and gives a feeling of well-being.
- There are 3000 academic papers on PS!
- Phosphatidyl Serine used to come from Bovine brains ( ooops, can’t say my children care much for that idea! And with BSE!) so now it is derived from Soya making it perfectly safe.
- Combining the omegas with PS may speed the Omega effect up! There are clinical trials currently going on in Israel, link beneath.
- Phosphatidyl Serine is perfectly SAFE. The only time you should NOT take PS is when anticoagulation therapy is being used : Warfarin/Heparin etc. PS may naturally thin the blood a bit so please be careful. The maximum dose is 2gms daily (usually 500mg softgels = 4)but please check each product for recommended dosage.
Did you know that Phosphatidyl Serine crosses the blood brain barrier VERY QUICKLY! Great news for jelibeans because it has been found that our blood brain barrier is THICKER than marshmallows! But the lovely gloopy rich Phospholip gloops into the brain perfectly!
Did you know PS can be effective for:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Aspergers Syndrome ( anxiety )
- Autism ( anxiety )
- Anxiety and stress
We here at Jelibean have heard of literally hundreds of miracle stories as a result of this little-reported NATURAL product! How fantastic. Interestingly we discovered it through my youngest son’s blood results which showed his serine levels to be very low. We here at Jelibean recommend you ask your doctor for a ‘BLOOD AMINO ACID’ profile. It is not often done so they may look at your strangely. For those in the UK, the test costs about £100 so if your NHS lab will not oblige, then we strongly urge you opt to pay for this test if you can. We have stories of people coming OFF benzodiazepines and anti-depressants in favour of PS. The beauty is that it is INSTANT! Dosing will depend on the child or adult. As a ADHD bean personally I need to dose every 5/6hrs, but then my ‘H’ is big, can’t you tell! But my son with Asperger’s syndrome may only need a PS before a band practice or an exam. Horses for courses, you just need to experiment as to your own needs but NEVER go over the recommended dose. We have found PS works better on its own. Despite being an over the counter product and natural, don’t underestimate the power of amino acids. Take care not to mix it with any other supplementations. Simple is best!